A Superfood that can be broken down into a powder of greatness
Are you ready for this? It’s a pretty long list. I’ve got a little story of my own to share about Maca and how it helped me drastically. So I’m going to lead with that and follow with the facts.
Just recently, for a solid year or so I had the most painful and intense period pains I have ever felt. I mean I never had them, ever! The intensity as something I have never felt before and you could basically guarantee that I was out of action for the entire first day of my menses. I would be crying and blubbering, all day, because it felt like I was being stabbed with a screwdriver then having it waved around.
I knew that Maca was a well-known super-food to help with women’s menstrual issues, such as body pains, aches, hot flashes, anxiety, mood swings, and depression. All of those symptoms were very apparent in my body, so I thought I would put this good old superfood to the test. I was taking Maca for about 2 months before I noticed a crazy difference. My period pains completely disappeared, I mean I’m definitely aware that somethings going on in there, but I’m not a complete write off for the entire day anymore. The lower back aches are still to this day very, very mild now and I am actually able to go for a run on the first day of my period, whereas before I could barely move from my bed.
So hooray for Maca! Let’s get to the rest of the amazing health and beauty benefits for this delicious super-food.
- Maca has an abundance of vital vitamins such as B vitamins, C, and E.
- It provides plenty of calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium, phosphorous and amino acids.
- Boosts libido and increases sexual endurance. It is also used to balance hormones and increase fertility.
- Increases stamina, and mental energy – Amazing for athletes.
- Maca is high in Iron and helps to restore red blood cells, which helps to avoid anemia and cardiovascular disease.
- It helps keep bones and teeth healthy and strong, also aiding in a quicker recovery for wounds.
- Aids in skin healing so acne, blemishes or nasty burns can clear up nicely.
- Can reduce Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
- Regulates hormone balance – Maca contains a variety of amino acids, which are the building blocks of our hormones. Modern research has shown that consuming Maca regularly can balance hormones within both men and women. The root doesn’t contain hormones, but the building blocks from which the body can create them. As hormones affect various aspects of our overall health, having a healthy and balanced endocrine system can lead to numerous health benefits.
- Relieves the symptoms of Menopause.
- Increases mental clarity and focus, while enhancing memory and learning (great for studying).
- Improves circulation and encourages hair growth.
- Strengthens teeth and bones – which in turn helps with Osteoporosis.
- Increases muscle gain – Black Maca has a high protein content, therefore is used as a nondairy protein powder that tastes delicious!
- Stimulates thyroid function, due to its hormone balancing properties.
- Contains Iodine, which is a very helpful mineral for anyone who is vegan or vegetarian.
I personally use Maca in the form of a powder which can be found at most Health stores. And use it in a smoothie or sprinkled over my fruit in the morning, it has a beautiful earthy taste. Don’t use too much though as it can have a strong after-taste.
For now just get some Maca into your life, you won’t regret it.